For my birthday, I got myself bangs. In hindsight Botox might have been a better investment.
As usual, I got as spoiled as ever. Ryder got me a beautiful diamond necklace that says "mom" (and then spent the rest of the day trying to pull it off my neck!). Trent and I have a date to do some serious patio furniture shopping. Mom sent 50 pounds worth of presents including my favorite - an NDSU National Champions sweatshirt. I got taken to breakfast, got to visit the first calf of the year who shares my birthday, and got to hear from many family and friends I love most in the world. I got to eat cake, love on my baby, and watch the biggest footfall game of the year.
Ryder started off excited. He loves football.
After 4 hours of pregame he was less than amused to learn Minnesota was not playing. Best that he learns at a young age the heartbreak that comes with being a Vikings fan ...
I was disappointed in the commercials, but I thought Madonna rocked the halftime show. We were pulling for the Patriots (Ryder was almost named Brady ... remember?!!?) but truth be told, both Ryder and I were in bed before the game ended. I am happy for Eli. It can't be easy being Peyton's brother. At least now he has more Superbowl rings.
Remember back in our single girl days when we talked about GOING to the Super Bowl one year for your birthday. Ha how times have changed.
ReplyDeleteThe bangs really show how much you look like your mom!