Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Fun with Google

If technology exists where cold medication can be made so that one pill can last for 24 hours, why isn't that all they are making? Why is it still possible to buy medicine where the dosage is 2 pills every 4-6 hours. And who (besides my husband) buys this labor intensive medication? Are there really people out there who are worried their cold symptoms might subside after 3 hours, thus leaving them with 21 hours of medicated coverage they did not need?

A Google search did not provide any answers. Of course I pasted in that whole paragraph and they cut me off after 32 characters. Google does not appreciate my wordiness.

I have similar questions about why public toilet seats do not make a full circle and what the difference is between partly cloudy and partly sunny. If you have information on any of the three, I would be happy to hear it.

On an somewhat related note, there was a game going around Facebook the other day where you went to Google images and put in your full name and posted the first photo that popped up (you can try it mom, no one will ever know). There were some funny ones, and I got a good chuckle out of this silly time-wasting game. Then I tried it myself.


Needless to say my pregnant kankles did not get posted to Facebook. I guess that is what happens when you have a blog and use your real name. Although this is a good example of why you should not believe everything you Google, someone might think that second photo is Laurie Drennan, or that a set of knives is a Laurie Drennan, or a Laurie Drennan is a new variety of yellow rose. Where is a good 'ole encyclopedia when I need one? I bet I could find out about cold medicine in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment