Yes, it has been a long time since I have posted.
Yes, I have a long list of good excuses.
Yesterday was the first time in 12 - yes that is TWELVE - days that Ryder had anything resembling solidness in his diaper. Poor baby has been a hot mess of diarrhea, fever, runny rose, throwing-up, and all around crankiness. He went back to waking at all hours of the night, and with a diaper that smelled like that who could really blame him. Needless to say we haven't been getting a lot of sleep around here.
And Trent just got back from the doctor - a sinus infection and ear infections in both ears. It has been going on for a while, but he has terrible allergies and this wacky mild winter has been hacking on him. At 3 am he made the comparison of the pain in his ear to that of giving birth. I didn't ask how the pain in his ass was once I removed my foot from it. But he is miserable, so I feel bad for him. He is heavily medicated now so he should be on the mend.
I will get back at it - I have some excellent poopy diaper stories to share that have to be told in fine detail so you get the full effect. But for now, wish us all a speedy recovery - and pray that I don't catch it!
I would like to argue with Trent regarding his ear ache being as bad as child birth. Hope Ryder feels better soon.
ReplyDeleteReally Trent! Now he is a boy, and we all know that boy's are just terrible when it comes to being ill. Ear aches hurt, I myself have never had one but that is beside the point. Give him only a little comfort, then kick him out the door for work.
ReplyDeleteNow for Ryder I have seen first hand the issue he has had with his poop! I will attest that his mother preformed a miracle in the bathroom to clean Ryder up. She knows only too well that Sh-- happens, and when it does it usually blasts to all that are around. Mom's learn very quickly that it doesn't matter if the are elbow deep in Shi- or not the baby has to be clean! Kudos to Laurie who managed to clean Ryder with only 2 (yes two) wipes! He rejoined the dinner and was happy as a lark!