It has been hot. It has been really hot. It has been like Africa hot.
I don't like it hot. I like it warm, but hot makes me crabby. Hot makes me itch. Hot makes me miserable.
Regardless of how long I allow the hair on my legs to get, I am not an extremely hairy cow who had to endure the latter parts of pregnancy and then give birth during a drought in the hottest part of the summer.
Izzy is a rockstar, and a better cow than I could ever hope to be. She is the proud mother of a bouncing baby boy, her 5th calf since I have owned her and the one with the widest belt so far. He is a handsome lad, and he doesn't seem to mind the heat at all. As for Izzy, I swear I saw a smile on her face now that he is on the ground.


No comments:
Post a Comment