I have been overwhelmed over the past months by how nice people are. There are a lot of words that can be used to describe me, but I am not sure nice would be one of them. I can surely be mean - hateful in fact - but 'nice' doesn't come as easily to me and 'thoughtful' would certainly be a stretch. I need to work on that in a Pay It Forward way for all the kindness that has been shown to me.
Yesterday I got a Mother's Day card from the women I work with. That was about the most thoughtful thing I can imagine. They are all Mother's too, but it never occurred to me to send them a card. That card meant so much to me, I cried. I am thankful to work with such kind, caring women.
Friends and family have given generously to us. Whether it was a shoulder to cry on, advice, hand-me-downs for the baby, a late night call, maternity clothes, gifts, or just listening when I needed to talk, we have been spoiled with kindness and generosity. Whether it is a text to check in on us, a phone call to see how the last doctor's appointment went, an email just saying someone is thinking about me, I have felt the love from so many people in my life.
I am truly blessed, and so is this baby to have so many wonderful people in his life.
No comments:
Post a Comment