First let me start with the fact that we are all good, regardless of what Grandma might tell you to the contrary. Even Trent has calmed down a bit in the last week. Apparently all the water is working, because all the medical professionals we saw yesterday seem to be less concerned about the contractions and Fig making an appearance earlier than anticipated.
We saw the High Risk Dude for our final ultrasound in the morning. I get that this guy is pretty smart and handy to have on our side, but his communication skills could use a little work. I just don't like him, and the fact that we waited one hour for him to make his appearance didn't help the situation.
He checked out baby - still a boy with 10 fingers and 10 toes and for the first time ... a huge nose. I blame that one on his daddy. He is shy apparently (he gets that from me!) and always has a hand in front of his face. He had a hold of the umbilical cord and was waving it around like it was a bull rope, which would explain the kicking and bucking I am feeling more and more these days. His legs are catching up with the rest of him, so that puts our mind at ease at little (that was one of the Downs markers they have given us since the first Ultrasound). He even has some hair. He weighs about 5.5 pounds, which they said was right on track. That will be the last time we see him before he makes his official appearance in the world.
We came home from that appointment, I celebrated with a pedicure and Trent got a haircut at the feed store. We all exercise our beauty rituals in different ways.
In the afternoon we had a 230 appt with my tequila buddy, the OB/GYN. We saw her around 330. I wonder how much time during a pregnancy is spent waiting on doctors? Would be an interesting study. She checked me out, said I was not dilated and told Trent to watch for full moons between now and June 3rd because that could be when it happens ... just like with cows. It always comes back to cows when he is with me. She wants us to have another NST next week to check on things, but she didn't seem overly concerned, just like you'd expect from a good tequila buddy.
So we are doing fine. People ask me how I am feeling, and I am feeling every bit of 35 weeks pregnant. The good news? The 4th of the month will never come again when we don't have a baby. How freaky is that?!!?
No comments:
Post a Comment