There have been a rash of awfully cute kids born in this family recently, and since the general population isn't that attractive, it got me worrying thinking maybe we would have a homely kid. Trent assures me that with as good looking as he is this isn't possible, but understandably I worry just the same.
I mentioned this to mom on the phone this weekend and she told me a story of when I was a baby. When I got cute (which wasn't until about 4), dad looked back at the photos of me up to that point and couldn't believe they sent them out all over the country. I was fat, and my hair stood on end until it was long enough to go into pig tails. There are stories of the amount of spit it took to hold that hair down. When describing me as a new baby to my Aunt Carla who had never seen me, one of her friends remarked "she'll probably be a pretty girl someday". Ouch.
I know I will think Fig is the bees knees, and people will tell us how cute he is even if it isn't true, but I am hoping for a looker just the same. I know it shouldn't matter, but life is easier if you are one of the pretty people.
Matt and Holley have what can only be described as the cutest baby in the whole world. McCray will be Fig's closest cousin. Now that's pressure!
I would have to agree. He is pretty darn cute. He can't wait to have a buddy to into trouble with.
ReplyDelete