Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Garden

The garden has had a tough Spring. Down here we plant the cool season veggies around mid February, and the plan is that it isn't going to freeze anymore. It froze 3 different nights the end of April, so that plan was out the window. The potatoes froze and have been replanted, the radishes never came up, and the onions are not getting very big. The peas are thriving.

Ryder's favorite food is peas by a landslide. If you ask him if he wants peas or cookies, he will ask for peas everytime. I don't know where that comes from, as I think warm peas taste like poison. Since we like peas (Trent doesn't count, he doesn't like anything from the garden) we decided to try to grow some for the first time this year.

Apparently they were a hit. The bad thing is that I have gotten like 2 peas. If I eat them, Ryder has a melt down. And while I am all about being a good mama, I have to draw the line at sharing my fresh-from-the-garden-still-dirty-and-warm-from-the-sunshine peas. I go out there and have a snack or 7 while he is at daycare.


Trent added another bed for me for the warmer season crop (peppers, tomatoes, green beans, cucumbers) and while it is coming up, it isn't getting in any hurry. 



I found this video in the archives. It is from about the same time last year, and it is hard to believe how much Ryder has grown and how much the green beans haven't this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment