Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Monday, July 30, 2012

Home stretch

I won, we went to Rushmore.

Just as we pulled off the interstate to the faces, it started to rain. I vowed we would stay in those damn Back Hills until it cleared because come hell or high water, we were going to see those presidents. I didn't such fowl language, there were a few sprinkles and once we had seen them and were safely in the gift shop it started it hail, but it was worth the extra day (Ryder might not agree). Of course he will have no memory of this so I will drag him back there when he is older and he will hate it, but I will do it anyway.

Completely bored with the whole thing.

Coon skin cap

 They do exist, they really do!
 Poser
Maybe someday they will add on this mug!

Riding a whiskey barrel in Wall, SD

We headed across SD and down through Nebraska. We spent the night in York before making it home on Friday. That put us away for 14 straight days and the trip meter hit straight up 2900 miles as we pulled in our development. We saw many sights (for Trent that means farm land - he can give you the corn report for 7 states), lots of family and some friends. We had lots of laughs, excellent food, and some really good stories.

We are settled back in at home. Ryder forgot we had dogs so he has been terrorizing them for 3 straight days, and they are barking to go back OUT into the 100+ degree heat to escape him. The laundry is caught up, and tomorrow I have to go back to work. For now, I think I will enjoy my first full day of vacation in 2 weeks since Ryder is at daycare, Trent is at work and I am at home alone.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had a great vacation. Alone time is greatly needed to catch up. Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete