The weather was a little cooler and with their house being right on the water, the breeze off the lake felt a bit chilly after the last few days. We cleaned up and relaxed that afternoon before stuffing our faces with more walleye than people should eat at one sitting and then we went sailing. It was a perfect North Dakota evening for a sail, and we had the lake all to ourselves.
Jody, my best fried growing up drove up from Bismarck with her son on Tuesday night for a visit. It had been about 15 years since I had seen her, and it was so good to reconnect. She looks super, and we were able to catch up on the last few years and talk about old times. She has a great son (in spite of him being a UND fan!) and Ryder followed Landon's every step. Old friends are the best friends, and I am so glad I was able to see her again.
A little less enthusiastic about the car ride, but ready to play ball!
He's a sailor!
For 3 minutes, then he fell asleep ...
And spent the rest of the trip below deck on the bed letting the waves rock him.
Captain and deck hand.
Enjoying the evening on the water
But mom, I want a boat like these ...
Best place for a nap
Giving Grandpa's dog kisses
Playing ball with Grandpa Rodger
Besties since 1974
With Jody and Landon
With Grandpa Rodger and Grandma Ruth
Can you tell we are related?
On these 108 degree days, I think back to this day when we were wearing sweatshirts!
Trent was in a hurry to get home - I was interested in a little more vacation. The last time we went to Mt. Rushmore we tried to see the faces twice and missed out both times. It meant an extra day in the car, but at this point, what was one more day? Who would win out ...

I want to go and see your dad! What a beautiful place. Boy you do look like your dad, not a bad pick I would say. But Grandma Ruth is such a cutie also. Cool weather is something we need down here, would be loving wearing a sweatshirt right now. Ryder looks like he had a great time. Love his smile!
ReplyDelete