With that disclaimer out of the way, I do try and keep things neat. Things have a place, and I like them to be there. I'm not big on piles - at least not out in the open where people can see them. Open a dresser drawer or a bathroom cabinet and you may disagree with my assessment. If you open the guest room closet, you do so at your own risk as I am not liable for falling objects.
Back to my point, because when I started writing this I actually had one ...
Babies come with a lot of stuff. A lot of their stuff gets used very often. Some of their stuff cannot be tucked away in a closet or drawer because when they want/need their stuff, they need it RIGHT NOW or major meltdowns ensue. Often the meltdown is on the part of the babies mother, as Trent can attest. If Ryder needs a bottle and a collection of 6 bibs to chose from is not available, mommy isn't happy. Do I have issues? I think by now you wouldn't need to ask.
So there is stuff everywhere. Every surface in the house is covered with baby stuff.
And it is hard to clean when there is stuff everywhere. So now not only am I not clean, I am no longer neat.
And I don't cook. Never have, hopefully never will. When I bought my house, I wanted a Starbucks feel to my eat in kitchen, so I bought the cutest red chair and couch you have ever seen.
In addition to not cooking, I also don't drink coffee so the area didn't get much use, but it was an awfully comfortable place to lay down and watch someone else preparing food. The dogs liked it too.
But a couch in the kitchen is not practical when you have a baby. Initially I thought putting a high chair in the living room would be a solution since we always eat sitting in front of the TV. But no no, that isn't setting a good example for the baby. We are going to eat our McDonald's together at a kitchen table like a happy little family, dammit!
So we gave away the furniture, and now there is at least one room with less stuff in it. A lot less stuff.
Mom is coming next week, and we must shop for stuff to put back in the empty room. The circle of life man.
You really must consider a career in writing. Erma Bomback comes to mind! Funny stuff. I love it and not just because you are my FAVORITE niece.
ReplyDelete