While I was breastfeeding, Ryder and I slept in the same bed. He would nap in the evenings and we would go to bed about 10 pm. He would wake up about 3:30, and I would stick a boob in his mouth and we would both fall back asleep. He wasn't that interested in eating, I think he just wanted to know I was there. At 6 am he would be awake and hungry, ready to start his day.
I got the flu about the same time I stopped breastfeeding. Between being sick and not having any milk, it made sense to transition him back to his bassinet and me back to a real bed with a different (but louder) kind of snorer. Ryder would nap in the evenings and go to his bed about 9 pm. He would wake up between 2 and 4 for a 4 ounce bottle and go instantly back to sleep. At 6 am I would have to wake him, but he would eat a little bottle and groggily start his day.
For the last week, the little man is off schedule. He isn't interested in napping as much in the evenings, and he wants to go to bed about 8 pm. Last night he was up at 230 am for a 6 ounce bottle and play time until 4 am. Then back to the bassinet for a cat nap before waking at 5 am for another 4 ounces. He finally went to sleep 7 minutes ago - it is 6:30 and time to get up for daycare. I have done everything but throw water on him, he is not at all interested in waking up.
I'm not sure what we are doing wrong, but we seem to be headed in the wrong direction in terms of sleeping through the night. And make no mistake, mama needs more sleep than she is getting. If anyone has any advice, tips or tricks, for the LOVE OF GOD please share them.
No comments:
Post a Comment