What do you get when you cross a Belted Galloway cow with a Hereford Bull? A hot mess.
Izzy had a heifer calf on Monday. We were not sure if she was bred to the Angus bull or the Hereford bull, but after seeing the baby there is no doubt who the daddy is. The calf has a full belt on one side, a white face with one black eye, and one white leg. She is pretty cute, even though I'm not a fan of the white face.
With the lack of hay and grass this year and having to sell off a lot of the good cows, I doubt I get to keep this one, although I think she would be an even better conversation piece than Izzy. She is Izzy's 4th baby so her ear tag will say I4 and I will call her Harry (short for Harriett this time!).
No comments:
Post a Comment