Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Saturday, September 17, 2011

One long week

I can't remember the last time I was sick. One of the many joys of working from home for the last 6 years is I am not exposed to most of the germs you people who actually interact with each other have. I haven't had the flu since I moved to Oklahoma, and I can't remember the last cold I had.

Until now.

This week was miserable for everyone who lives in this house. Monday night I started throwing-up and feeling achy. Tuesday Trent got it. Having a sick baby is the pits in the best of circumstances, and it is downright miserable when you are running to the bathroom every 20 minutes for 5 days.

Ryder was not getting any better from his URI, so I took him to the doctor again. Apparently a bad cold didn't affect his appetite, as the little man gained 2 pounds and 14 ounces since his last visit 2 weeks prior. He is up to 13'14''. I call him chumbawumba. The doctor looked in his ears and diagnosed him with an ear infection and said that it was draining out his eye - which explains the green goo. She gave him a stronger antibiotic. Aside from turning his diapers bright red (which I was awfully glad they told me about before I experienced one) I'm not sure it is actually working yet.

Between Trent and I we lost 11 pounds this week, so there was a silver lining. I think we are both on the road to recovery. We might even leave the house for the first time this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment