So the process of taking Ryder's photo every morning and sending it to mom has become more and more of a challenge. And by 'challenge' I mostly mean pain in the ass ...
I take the daily photos with my telephone, mostly because it is easier. I can take the photo, attach it to an email directly from the phone, and thanks to the wonders to modern technology send it off into cyberspace in under 10 seconds. The phone does a fine job with the pictures most of the time, considering its primary purpose is to make phone calls.
Sure I have a real camera. I have a great, expensive camera in fact. But then the process would be to take the photos, take out the memory card, upload the photos to Photoshop on the computer, save them to a file, open Hotmail, attach them to the email, and send - a 20 minute process at least. It isn't that I am too busy for that, it is that I am too lazy.
Mom said she thinks I need a new phone because the quality of the photos has trailed off in recent months. It isn't that I need a new phone ... it is that the once immobile baby will no longer lay still and goo and gaa at me while he gets his photo taken. He, unlike his mama, isn't lazy at all. He is busy. He is very, very busy.
This morning, in our quest to get 1 decent picture to send to Gramma Jill, we took 31 pictures. THIRTY-ONE!. Below are some of the outtakes just to prove I am not a liar.
It took dad sticking a bottle in his mouth for him to be still, but this is the one she finally got. It isn't particulary good, and I know it irritated her that the bottle is in the picture (I won't even start on how much the pacifier bugs her). Cut us some slack Gramma, we are trying here!












No comments:
Post a Comment