In the name of science, I am about to disclose what many may consider to be too much information. Stop reading right now if my cervix is a subject you don't feel comfortable discussing.
Today I went to the GYN doctor for that post baby visit to discuss birth control. At this point on my limited sleep I feel fairly confidant in saying that Ryder will be an only child, but it seems premature to make a permanent decision on this subject until he is at least bigger than your average Thanksgiving turkey. With that said, Doc Tequila suggested an IUD and I was all for it.
I don't know much about IUDs, but apparently they put it in, and it does its thing until 2016. That is impressive. I was always a birth control pill girl, but with my advanced age it seems like something that has a shelf life of 5 years beats the hell out of something you have to remember everyday.
So I assumed the position and the good doctor went to insert the IUD. This is what it looks like (not MINE, I do have some photo boundaries). Please pay careful note of the size.
Doctor Davis had a heck of a time, she pushed and pulled and warned of pinching. She asked the nurse for this, that, and the other thing - then sighed. She said it would not fit into my cervix. My cervix is too small for this tiny little plastic thing to fit inside. My cervix is positively petite.
So this leads me to ask ... how in the name of all things holy did she think a baby's head (circumference of 13.5 inches) was going to come OUT of said cervix, when this thing that is 1/4 the circumference of your pinkie won't fit in? I mean, come on. It isn't like she hadn't explored the area thoroughly in the last 5 years and on a weekly basis there at the end.
No wonder those 14 minutes I was in labor pre-epidural hurt like hell.

You are toooooo funny!!
ReplyDelete