Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Must lower expectations ...

I've always excelled at receiving gifts. Lots of practice I guess. I never really wrapped my brain around that whole "joy of giving" concept until recently.

I ordered a slide thing for Ryder off Amazon, and I was so excited for it to get here. He had so much fun on McCray's that I just knew he was going to love it. I set it up over my lunch hour (on a 110 degree day) and I strategically placed it in the yard so he wouldn't see it until I was ready for the big reveal. I was giddy when I went and got him from daycare. I let him skip the vegetable part of dinner so it would get over faster. I had my camera, my phone, and the video camera ready for when his face lit up when he saw it ...


I could have saved $90 and bought another sleeve of tennis balls. At least I know to lower my expectations for Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you found the perfect toy. Ryder is getting so big, amazing....Lilly and Emily still love their little slide even though they are both too big for it now.
    Keep up the good work. Auntie

    ReplyDelete
  2. he did great. He will get so much use out of the slide, but don't be suprised if you have to move it into the house. Once it gets cold it will be hard to climb up the ladder. YEA RYDER!

    ReplyDelete