Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Call me Heloise

We have established the fact that I am not the best house keeper.

Our kitchen, hallway, entry and 2 bathrooms are tiled with that I assume at one time was white grout. When I moved in, mom and I (mostly mom) tried a multitude of grout cleaners with no luck. In the 5 years since then, things have gone from dirty to worse - we are the Red Dirt Drennan's after all.  In my defense, I do have 8 doggie paws and a backyard prone to flooding to contend with.

When the tile people were here to give us an estimate on the fireplace, I explained my dilemma to them and they suggested vinegar and a wire brush.

With 13 miles of grout to cover, I figure 6 hours and 2 gallons of vinegar should do the trick ... but I'll be damned if my test plot didn't prove it works.

I ought to start charging for this shit.




No comments:

Post a Comment