Fall 2013

Fall 2013

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Lordy Lordy, Look Who's ...

Ya, Ya, Ya ... I'm 40. Big deal.

Ryder and Trent frosted a delicious birthday cake mom mailed down, and of course I got spoiled with a ton of presents. I am a very lucky girl.


Trent surprised with with dinner out on the night of my birthday. He told me we were going out, and that I had to dress up. Now for us, going out to a nice dinner means we eat it at Sonic rather than in the pick-up while driving home. We don't do fancy, and we sure as heck don't do dressed up. I had no idea what to expect.

We drove to downtown Oklahoma city, to the top of the Devon Energy building. For anyone who knows the Oklahoma City skyline, it is the ridiculously tall building (like 40 stories taller than any of the other buildings, as seen in the photo below taken from the McDonald's parking lot. Don't ask.).


It was beautiful, the views of the city were breathtaking, and it was uber fancy. 


We were more than a little out of our league. Trent kept asking what things on the menu were, and I had no idea. Even though we had no idea what we were eating, everything was delicious. Here is Trent with his "salad" ...


I had lobster stuffed clams


He had steak


I got my own little birthday cake ...


And then we shared the dessert sampler


 It was a super fun night, and something so out of character for us to do and especially for him to plan that it made it even more special. It isn't something we will probably ever do again, although I would like to see the view during the day. It was the perfect end to a big birthday, and I appreciate the step out of the comfort zone of my hubby to make it happen. Maybe 40 won't be so bad after all!



No comments:

Post a Comment